Downloadable Resourcesfrom W.H. Cameron / Bill Cameron
Below is a list of downloadable resources in PDF format from workshops and talks I’ve given over the years. These files are occasionally updated as I modify or expand them.
World Building for the Real World
World building isn’t just for science-fiction and fantasy. It’s just as important for fiction set in our everyday world. This presentation covers strategies and potential pitfalls when using the settings we know (or want to know) in our fiction.
Character Development Workshop
The characters we remember are messy, engaging, troubled, powerful, scary—you name it. Through a series of exercises, some individual and some in teams, you can explore a variety of techniques for creating characters that jump off the page and come to life in the minds and hearts of your readers.
Write What You Hate
This essay on one of my approaches to writing character was originally published in the Portland Book Review, September 2011.
- High Resolution Author Photo 300 dpi JPG format in a ZIP archive. May be used without prior permission. Credit Jill Cameron.
- W.H. Cameron Bios PDF
- Praise for Crossroad PDF
Cover Art Downloads
- Crossroad (300 dpi JPG format in a ZIP archive)
Cover design by Melanie Sun
- Property of the State (300 dpi JPG format in a ZIP archive)
Cover design by Christian Fuenfhausen
- County Line (300 dpi JPG format in a ZIP archive)
- Day One (300 dpi JPG format in a ZIP archive)
- Chasing Smoke (300 dpi JPG format in a ZIP archive)
- Lost Dog (300 dpi JPG format in a ZIP archive)
Revisions are when you get to
get to move the darts onto the bullseye while no one is looking.